Monday 16 February 2015

Chocolate Dragon Egg

So I have not posted anything in a very long time. I guess I got side tracked.... 

Anyway, now that it is Easter... well almost, I decided to make chocolate dragon eggs.

Anyone that I know, knows that I love Game of Thrones. Wooo...

I had an idea last year that a chocolate dragon egg would be just amazing! I had a look on the web and there really wasn't much out there that  I really liked, so I made one myself. 

First I made a dragon egg out of clay, then I made a silicone mould with silicone that I got from Barnes in Newtown. After that I had so many issues using this mould for my chocolate. So I cut the mould right down and ended up with somewhat of a skin for the chocolate, because this silicone was quite hard, it still stands up, even though the walls are only about 1cm thick. 

This worked perfecto! 

Then I used titanium dioxide and cocoa butter and got artistic. I sprayed the egg in the Drogon colours. Red, black and a bit of a white stoney bottom. It turned out so much more amazing then I thought it would. Mainly because this process took a lot of turns and also took me about 10 weeks to finish it. Maybe more. It was painful putting every scale on individually with the clay, so naturally, I procrastinated. 

I am glad I took my time though, usually I rush things because I get way to excited for it. This time I didn't rush and I ended up with a product I think is just fabulous. It looks so much more stunning in real life then the pictures, or maybe my camera just isn't great. Anyway I just love, love, love them.

If anyone wants to order these for Easter they can go to www.sivaanchocolates.bigcartel.com and order through there.

I am waiting on packaging to be delivered so I won't be taking any orders until next week, so keep an eye out for when they come in stock.

Enough talking, here is the finish image. They will also soon be available in the Rhaegal and Viserion colours and white, dark or milk chocolate.


Chocolate Dragon Egg




No comments:

Post a Comment